It’s time again for Monday Meme. I’ve been pretty busy this weekend figuring things out within Photoshop once again so this is a welcomed break from messing with that for a little bit. Strawberry Singh has given us another Meme filled with questions.
- When and how did you discover Second Life? – I discovered it through a friend in February 2013 but had known about a bit before that and never joined.
- Did you know about virtual worlds before or was this your first experience with them? – I knew, I was an avid ‘The Sims’ player and I had dipped my toe into ‘City of Heroes’ back in 2006.
- Has Second Life met your expectations? Save for the beginning of my journey yes it has.
- If you could teleport back to the first ten minutes of your avatar’s slife, what would you tell yourself? – Pick a different name, pick SilverShine rather than silverchild24..People can be cruel and use you, stick to yourself and figure out what it is that you want to do rather than conforming and try to please others without worrying about your own feelings; as your feelings do matter.
- How long did it take you to master avatar flying and driving vehicles inworld? – Flying was fairly simply after a bit of practice but driving, I still cannot do it. I wish I could but perhaps one day I can get the hang of it.
- Do you have a mystery alt? Yes & No. I have a child avi that I made while in relationship at the beginning of my SL. I bring her out every once in a while but am considering making another one for blogging purposes, yet not sure if I am actually going to do it or not.
- Is your SL avatar a reflection of you, or someone you wished you could be? – A little bit of both I suppose. I am in SL how I am in RL but I suppose I am a bit more social and outgoing in SL more than I have been in RL for the last 2 years. But looks wise.. I wish I looked more like my avi but I am a bit curvier in RL so.. yeah..
- Is there an individual you met in SL that inspired you in your RL? How? – Yes. I think that there are a fair few of us who have things which we need to work on in RL and sometimes the friends you make in SL become a major part of your RL who inspire you, encourage you to become a better version of yourself. I’m not naming names but the major one knows who she is.
- Do you feel it is easier to create stronger bonds/relationships with people you meet inworld as opposed to the real world? – Sometimes for me yes. I have been doing things online since I was 13, I will tell you this much in RL some of my major relationships/friendships began online before moving to RL and staying solely in RL. Sometimes it’s easier, you end up talking to a person who you cannot see a lot more, building a bit of a stronger bond at times as opposed to RL, where you can talk and become distracted by numerous things.
- Did you ever imagine or believe people could fall in love with someone they never met before Second Life? – Yes I do, why because it’s how I met my Ex-Husband RL, through chat rooms when I was a teenager, this goes back to #9 in all honesty. It’s easier to create bonds at least at times for me online.
- How has your perspective of dating changed (or not) since you started playing second life? – Dating in SL is like changing up what you eat every single day for some people. For others they place a little bit more care into it as they do in RL. My thoughts remain the same.. simply put some people just royally suck balls.
- How has your perspective of employment changed (or not) since you started playing second life? – It’s a bit crazy that there are some who can actually create things and make a living off of doing so in SL. But when a person has the drive and enjoyment of such its endless of what they can do in all honesty.
- Name three things in both your lives that overlap each other significantly. – Friendships, creativity, dreams.
- If you could live your life more immersively in a virtual world, would you? (Kind of like the Matrix) – So like the Matrix or more like Surrogates. Well hopefully that doesn’t come to be during my lifetime as I honestly don’t know..
- How do you think behavior changes for people if they’re inworld vs in real world? Why do you think that is? – Yes. In SL you can speak you mind and not worry about the repercussions of your actions because if someone doesn’t agree with you or if you don’t like someone you can simply block them and carry on with your day. In RL you have to answer for your actions and I know on occasions the best of us don’t want to answer to at least one action we have done in RL. But also people are a lot ruder and meaner in SL than in RL and that to me is a bit sad as we all login to enjoy ourselves and relax a bit doing the things we love to do within SL.
- How has second life consumerism changed your perception of spending habits, the value of money, the need to be “bleeding edge” with fashion? – I value money, I have learned to try to budget better for the things that I want in SL or things that I might come across and want. Sales are your friend, being in certain groups is great, you learn about group only sales which save you some of your Linden most of the time.
- Do you think virtual worlds like SL drive and redefine human interaction or do they narrow and limit it? -I think that it redefines it a certain extent. You learn more about yourself honestly.
- If technology progressed tomorrow to allow you to send emotions to people the way you’d send text or voice messages, would it enrich your SL experience or infringe on it? – At first it would infringe upon it but slowly it miht enrich it if people don’t end up abusing it as they do with somethings in SL.
- Name three skills you attribute to having learned or honed in second life alone. – Photoshop, Intuition and Budgeting
- If your grand kids googled your Second Life Avatar’s name, would they be intrigued, disgusted, proud or something else? – Oh.. well that’s a question right there. I’m honestly not sure, hopefully they won’t but I have at least 25+ years until I have to worry about that. (yes my RL daughter wont be having kids until close to 30 if I have a say!)
I must say that I had a bit of fun answering these, being made to think and reveal a bit more of myself once again.
Tablet: Plethora – Tablet My Custom One
Beach Towel and Parasol: Aphrodite: Aphrodite Summer Time 4th July Beach Towel *Group Gift July 2013*
Ice Cream Cooler: Aphrodite: Aphrodite Ice Creams Cooler *Group Gift July 2013*
Cooler 1: Plethora – Pixel Cooler: Beachside @ The Liaison Collaborative
Cooler 2: Plethora – Pixel Cooler: Seabirds @ The Liaison Collaborative
Hair: +Spellbound+: Warrior – Brunettes *New Release 05/26*
Wedding Ring: JCNY: Forever, iEngrave Wedding Ring Set
Bracelet: Pure Poison: Cool Bracelets *Group Gift*
Shirt: Tee*fy: Laura Unbuttoned Knotted Shirt Check @ COLLABOR88 May
Shorts: MoDANNA: BoBo Collection Highwaist Shorts Dark Blue *Phat/Cute Azz & WowMeh Appliers Included* (Saturday Sale 24/14)
Leg Tattoo: Your Cocain: Fly Away *Phat/Cute Azz Applier Included*
Shoes: .REIGN. Group Wedges FatPack – Red *Not Avaiable to New Group Members*
Hands: Slink: Relaxed Hands
Feet: Slink: Mid Feet